“The Heroine’s Journey: Thriving After Cancer”
4 Month Wisdom Circle Program for Women Cancer Survivors
with Carol McKeag, CPC and Dr. Shani Fox
- Have you struggled to re-establish the rhythm of life following cancer treatment?
- Do you feel disoriented because goals you set in the past no longer make sense?
- Are you uncertain about who you are now, or who you can count on?
Life after cancer is never the same. Old habits may no longer fit, and you may be wondering what to replace them with. Formerly comfortable relationships may seem awkward, and you may be wondering what to do. You simply can’t go back to the way things were.
You may sense that you’ve grown on this journey. The growth feels positive, but it’s put you out of alignment with your relationships and surroundings. It may seem like there’s no one to talk to who really understands what you’ve been through.
There’s no need to struggle through alone. Your sisters are waiting for you!
“The Heroine’s Journey: Thriving After Cancer” is designed to support you physically, emotionally and spiritually as you step into a life that’s bigger than cancer. In a series of 8 meetings over 4 months, an intimate circle of women – all of us touched by cancer – will explore the possibilities and opportunities of the next stage of life. Our circle will create a powerful yet safe cradle in which you can explore ways to live joyfully as the wiser woman you are now.
This Wisdom Circle Program will give you:
- An intimate community of women who share your language and experiences
- A safe place to explore where you’ve been and who you’d like to become
- Individualized tools for healing physically, emotionally and spiritually
- Focused attention in setting goals that fit and nurture the woman you are becoming
- A place of joy and fun!
Having walked through cancer multiple times with our closest loved ones, we have both experienced up close the valiant struggle and the deep transformation that occur.
There were days on which we had no strength to ask questions.
There were days when we could do no more than put one foot in front of the other.
We discovered strength in ourselves that we didn’t know we had.
And then a day arrived when we found ourselves on a new, unfamiliar yet promising path that invited us to see the world and ourselves in a deeper and more fulfilling way. Does that sound like you, too?
How is this program different from the programs offered by hospitals and treatment centers? Hospitals and treatment centers are great at offering information sessions. But even the most kindly offered information session doesn’t produce transformation.
Our program isn’t lecture-style, or even simply discussion-style. Our purpose is to foster your physical, emotional and spiritual healing by exploring and nurturing your amazing potential. Our interactive workshops, which include many creative activities, will establish a circle of trust where you can safely explore where you’ve been, who you are and who you’d like to become. At a time when you may find yourself disoriented and out of alignment with your “prior life”, you will tap the rich wisdom of your journey to create blessings and abundance in your next stage.
You’re an ideal candidate for the Wisdom Circle if you:
- Have been fully discharged from chemotherapy, radiation or surgical treatment OR are living with cancer as a chronic condition, with or without treatment.
- Feel ready to break loose from limitations, and are looking for mentorship.
- Seek a setting in which to mine the wisdom emerging from your experience.
- Appreciate the unique camaraderie and support that only women with similar experiences can provide.
To keep our circle intimate and to provide ample opportunity for your voice to be heard, each circle is limited to eight participants. Are you one of these women?
How the Program Works
In eight sessions over four months, we’ll establish a circle of trust in which we explore questions like these:
- What can I do to prevent recurrence of my cancer?
- Which of my attitudes and beliefs are serving me well, and which feel ripe for modification?
- How can I develop more supportive relationships?
- What beautiful things have emerged from this experience?
- How can I fill my life with what is most meaningful to me now?
As you explore some of your physical, mental and spiritual shifts, you’ll have the opportunity to set a goal that honors the heroine’s journey you’re on. In and between the remaining sessions, we’ll support you in achieving that goal. We especially look forward to celebrating your progress!
- Creative activities, discussion and quiet space to foster reflection and growth.
- The thrill of achieving a goal that you’ve never set before.
- Support and sharing during and between sessions.
- Gentle yet challenging facilitation to support you in breaking through limitations and living as your genuine self.
The upcoming Wisdom Circles will meet in SW Portland on the following dates:
Registration for spring 2012 circles has closed.
Please email email@example.com to be waitlisted for a fall 2012 circle.
Fee for 8 2-hour sessions, including all materials and final celebration: $359
Value of 16 hours of uninterrupted “me” time, your new, updated sense of self and warm new connections: priceless!
Payment plans are available if payment is made by credit card:
Two-payment: $185 upon registration and before session 5.
Four-payment: $95 upon registration and before sessions 3, 5 and 7.
- Be embraced in an intimate circle of women with common language and experiences.
- Be supported with tools for healing physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Be challenged to create practices and goals that fit the wiser woman you have become
- Tap the richness of your journey to step into your full Essence
Simply click the button below and submit the brief questionnaire.
One of us will contact you to complete your registration.
Looking forward to sharing your wisdom!
Have questions? Please contact one of us:
Carol: 503.626.0554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Shani: 866.678.8577 or email@example.com
Carol McKeag, CPC