2. Once you’re on the platform, don’t scare yourself looking at everyone else. The journey looks different from inside than from outside looking in. Anyhow, this is your experience, and the best way to do it is your way.
3. The first step off the platform is the hardest. After that you’ll develop your own rhythm, and even begin to enjoy it. Just take the first step.
4. Tune out your mind and listen to your body. Your head is good for planning, but once you’re in midair trust your gut.
5. Don’t look down. Keep your eyes on your goal.
6. To advance, let go of what’s behind you. Let go of what you no longer need.
7. There’s more support available than you think. If you feel stuck, look for another way of doing it.
8. Swaying and wobbling is OK. That’s the natural rhythm of the process. You’ll waste energy trying to stabilize all the moving parts.
9. You are always safe. You are supported in every moment by strong equipment and knowledgeable guides. Trust the process.
10. If OK if you have “helmet hair” at the end. No one comes off the course with perfect hair. Messy hair means you took it on…and lived to tell the tale!
© 2013 Shani Fox, ND, LLC